Friday, October 5, 2012

Potus, OpenMic part V

"The police down there will shoot you.  Love it or leave it, fancy college boy."
Potus drank from the cup next to him and put it down.  "Where were we?  Protesting college students.  Ah yes, well do I remember the protests of my youth, Contragate and what have you.  Oh, I almost forgot, another thing college students do all day is play loud rock-and-roll and have sex.  That's not good.  Not as bad as doing drugs and protesting, but still bad."
Potus looked up at the director, motioning frantically.  "Oh yes," he said.  "Um," and he leaned forward to read the screen.  His elbow knocked over the glass, spilling water on the desk.  Two aides came to clean up in a rush.  Potus stood up to one side and with his hands on his hips said, "Fargo, you're on."
A woman appeared looking quizzically at the screen.  She addressed someone off screen and said, "All I see is a hand on a hip next to an empty chair.  See?"  Fargo pointed.
Potus moved behind his chair and stopped to be seen.  "Can you see me now?" he asked.
"I can see your neck," she answered.
Potus leaned lower.  The aides had nearly finished drying the 100 year old desk.  "Can you see my now?"
"Yes," she answered.  "Much better.  I'd like to know how we can lesson the partisanship and lobbying in the capitol.  What do you intend to do to break the gridlock?"
"Very good question," answered Potus as he sat down.  "I am upset at the lobbies as well.  I personally have shut down their power by vetoing any bill sent to me.  How many have I vetoed?" Potus asked behind the cameras.
Chief of Staff yelled out "Twenty four."
"Twenty four," said Potus, pleased as punch.  "Twenty four.  You see that there?  I can veto more.  Those fools in Congress have tried to come crawling over and begging to see me and I send them packing.  They're coming over saying," here Potus began half-singing, "'Hey Potus you're so fine, you blow my mind.  Hey Potus.  Hey Potus.'"
Potus looked at the screen and the staff people looking back at him.  "What?"  he asked.
"Ok," Potus acknowledged.  "Next up, sunny Tallahassee."
An extremely tanned elderly man addressed the screen.  "Mr.  President.  Which one is bigger, a dinghy or a schooner.  Thank you, liberals eat my ass."
"What was that?" Potus wondered.  "Dinghy or a raft?  I guess a raft."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly writing output

Wordcount graph
Powered by WritersDB.com