Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Solution Whitehouse

Samantha checked her email a few days later in her room at the Topaz hotel in Washington, D.C. One email dated the night before read:

_From: Thorne, Mark <thornem@staff.micron.edu
To: Griffen, Samantha, Ph.D. <griffens@staff.micron.edu>

Ms. Griffen, I'm sorry for the problems with the luggage. I'm currently in Washington D.C., to prepare for the Thorne Industries hearings at Capitol Hill. A lot of strange shit has been going on and I'm not really sure what to believe anymore. I promise to return your luggage at the college when I return.You can return my luggage to me any time when I return to the college. I don't need anything in it very badly._

Samantha was grumpy as only women can be. The turn of fates that drew them to D.C. was remarkable, but not outside the realm of mathematical probability. Perhaps the two people were entangled in a strange superposition and needed to be drawn together for some strange reason. It made no actual sense that there was any intent in the universe to do so. It was only a matter of discrete probabilities that extended out across a large summation of individual probabilities and ended with a coincidence, nothing more.

Sam replied:

_From: Griffen, Samantha, Ph.D. <griffens@staff.micron.edu>
To: Thorne, Mark <thornem@staff.micron.edu>

Dear Mark,

I do not have your luggage owing to an incident over the ocean near Long Island. You may have heard about a small problem with my flight. I do, however, know that you tried to steal my lab results and I don't think you should continue to work with me. I also think that you should not use such vulgar language in a written communication on staff computer systems. I will be glad to file an insurance claim for your personal belongings if you will give me an approximate value for the contents. Since you said you don't need anything in it very badly, I'll assume not.

I am also in Washington, D.C. and I'll be meeting with the president tomorrow morning to help sink your family's corporation. I can provide a lot of useful information that will help stop whatever plans your forebears have. The problems with the solid state division have cost lives, and nearly cost me my life. I sincerely hope you do not try to stop me. I hope that you will reconsider your loyalty to the corporation and help change the course of their intentions if you can. I don't believe that you will be able to stop anything from happening however. Your father and Mathiason are up to no good. They will be unable to change course unless they are confronted by a larger force than themselves.

Sincerely,

Samantha K. Griffen_

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly writing output

Wordcount graph
Powered by WritersDB.com